Skills: protein purification,DSP
Downstream Process Scientist
The person should be a Scientist by training and should have biotech/biochemistry background with the interest and willingness to work in the lab.
Regarding educational level, we are interested in a person with a Master degree or higher plus industry experience with downstream processes for biologics.
The required qualifications:
- 5+ years of proven industry experience in Biologics Downstream Process Development, including design of scale-down models, process parameter definition and characterization, process transfer as well as quality by design principles is desired
- Profound knowledge in the areas of protein chemistry, chromatography, column packing, purification, virus inactivation and reduction, scale-up and filtration
- Understanding of early and late-stage process development
- In depth knowledge or experience in digital tools, ELN, data analytics and visualization software (JMP) is a plus
- Data evaluation and analysis applying sound statistical methods
- Proven experience with DoE (Design of Experiments) studies to assess optimization and robustness of manufacturing processes
- Good scientific writing skills in English
Main tasks associated to the position (high level description):
• Plan and carry out process development experiments
• Perform data analysis and write summary development reports
• Work with other teams members and cross-functionally to develop robust processes
• Search and study project relevant scientific literature
• Evaluation and introduction of new technologies and equipment
• Comply with the relevant quality systems
• Support production regarding technical clarifications
• Provide scientific expertise and guidance in relevant area of product development.