Senior Scientist in Translational Research and Innovation (m/f/d)
Skills: scientist, virology, biochemistry,R&D
- Innovative research project in the lab, establishing cell-based expression systems for the generation of viruses/viral particles, and perform proof-of-concept studies.
- Autonomously plan and organize the practical work in the lab, as well as proactively contribute to the detailed experimental design. Diligent documentation, analysis, and interpretation of results to facilitate decisions.
- Cross functional collaboration across different teams and external partners.
- Pursue project goals according to defined timelines and regularly communicate progress to stakeholders by providing high-quality data.
- University Degree in life sciences: Master or PhD in Virology, Biochemistry, Biology or in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience as Postdoc, in biologicals R&D, or a related field in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong scientific training and analytic processing skills in biochemistry, virology and/or microbiology. Ability to address autonomously scientific questions.
- Strong background and technical skills in cell-based protein expression systems, purification and characterization of biological macromolecules by various methods.
- Works effectively across international teams and conditions. Excellent command of English language (both oral and written). German skills would be a plus.